reef save fish

S

sawtydog

hi everybody, I'm new to the salt world.I have a 75 gal. tank with a 29 gal. sump. got everything going and sofar so good with a little help from tjone752000. thanks again for the advice, what I'm wondering is, some of the fish i want to get say not reef save and others say not coral save what is the difference, I'm confused here.
thanks everybody

S

sawtydog

so i should just stick to live rock in this tank and do the corals in the future big tank i want to get?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by sawtydog
http:///forum/post/2522352
hi everybody, I'm new to the salt world.I have a 75 gal. tank with a 29 gal. sump. got everything going and sofar so good with a little help from tjone752000. thanks again for the advice, what I'm wondering is, some of the fish i want to get say not reef save and others say not coral save what is the difference, I'm confused here.
thanks everybody
Some fish will eat corals while others will also eat inverts in the tank or nip at clam mantels. If you are planning on a reef then you don't want either kind of fish. Look for fish that say that they are reef safe. If you are unsure, you can always ask us.

S

sawtydog

yes, i have 1 coral beauty 1 sebae clown 1 blue damsel 1 domino damsel 2 yellow damsels and i had a dottyback that i now call whodinnie because he disappeared on wed. and i haven't found him anywhere. LOL

mrmaroon

Are you planning on getting even more fish? You might want to think about sticking with what you have. What kind of filtration do you have and do you know your water parameters?

S

sawtydog

kinda on the water parameters, i would like to add 2 more fish which would be a harliquin tusk fish and a lonenose butterfly fish and maybe an eel.

S

sawtydog

the tank is drill for overflow and return in the sump i have it divided up in 3 sections on for the protien skimmer and its about 6 inches across and then the bio bail section is about 10 inches and the remainder on the sump is the return pump section