reef tank clean up crew?

dalerich

I building a reef tank and would like to know what is safe clean up crew that will not harm my poly and anemone? I also have lazy banded coral shrimp and a skiddish fire shrimp. The diatoms are some what under control. I have lots of green algae on one LR that I like and some green plant life. I want a clean up crew that will not destroy my algae covered rock but will eat uneaten fish food that hits the bottom of the tank. I have a 55 gallon. Thanks for the help.

dburr

Do you have a sand bed? I would do 1 or 2 hermits and different types of snails. A serpant star is a good addition also. I always recomend buying a small crew at first, then add if it's not up to speed. Over doing it at first will add to snail deaths because their isn't enough food to feed them. Make sense?
Dan

dalerich

Yes 60 Pounds of live sand 18 pounds of live rock.
The Green hair like algae looks neat moving in the current.
Yes I know most people hate algae in a tank but I think it gives the tank such a look of life in the ocean. The diatoms are pain and makes the tank look dirty. This is why my clean up crew needs to be carefully selected not to upset my weird liking for green hair like algae on live rock. If the clean up crew ate diatoms they would be worth thier weight in gold.