Reef tank is posible!!

reefboy12

Ok, I have finally gotten approval to get money together and make my FULL BLOWN REEF TANK!!!! It will be a 125 and I am getting it in a year or so which will leave me with lots of time to read read read....research research research and save save save. I hope to get loads of info from you guys on it and I would like to leave ideas and plans...Plans:
-250+ lbs. of live rock
-75+ lbs. live sand
-good skimmer (any suggestions?)
-sump/fuge (any ideas?)
-lighting (what do you suggest for my corals I want?)
mostly automatic (since I am leaving for collage soon and my parents will be the caretakers durring the week)
Corals:

-SPS
-softies
-LPS
-Zoos
-Anemones
Fish:

-Blue Faced Angel
-Yellow, purple, blue, powder blue, powder brown, clown, gold rim, nazo tangs
-maroon clown (mated pair)
-copperband butterfly
-queen angel
-king angel
-french angel
-tomato clowns
-Foxface
-dwarf fuzzy lionfish
inverts:

-snails
-hermits
Ok please please tweak my plans and please dont go to hard on me I havnt read much at the moment of saltwater fish but as I said it will be a little while before I get into it so I have loads of time to read up.
Thanks,
-Kevin
p.s please reply

dawman

Nice plan ! Hope you have a lot of $ saved . You have many big fish on your list and too many for a 125 .

autofreak44

Originally Posted by reefboy12
Ok, I have finally gotten approval to get money together and make my FULL BLOWN REEF TANK!!!! It will be a 125 and I am getting it in a year or so which will leave me with lots of time to read read read....research research research and save save save. I hope to get loads of info from you guys on it and I would like to leave ideas and plans...
Plans:

-250+ lbs. of live rock
-75+ lbs. live sand
-good skimmer (any suggestions?)
-sump/fuge (any ideas?)
-lighting (what do you suggest for my corals I want?)
mostly automatic (since I am leaving for collage soon and my parents will be the caretakers durring the week)
Corals:

-SPS
-softies
-LPS
-Zoos
-Anemones
Fish:

-Blue Faced Angel
-Yellow, purple, blue, powder blue, powder brown, clown, gold rim, nazo tangs
-maroon clown (mated pair)
-copperband butterfly
-queen angel
-king angel
-french angel
-tomato clowns
-Foxface
-dwarf fuzzy lionfish
inverts:

-snails
-hermits
Ok please please tweak my plans and please dont go to hard on me I havnt read much at the moment of saltwater fish but as I said it will be a little while before I get into it so I have loads of time to read up.
Thanks,
-Kevin
p.s please reply
skimmers- aquaC, coralife (many more i cant remember)
sump/fuge. if i were you i would buy a sump/fuge about 40 or 50 gal. i have no idea what brand you would buy
lighting- 2x250 hqi metal halides, LED moon lights, and some t-5 actinics, get separate timers for the lights so you can stagger the timing and it will be automatic
imo to many fish, i would pick out your 5 least favorite fish and then go with the rest
for inverts, in a tank that big you have a few more options such as a sand sifting star, and some cool shrimp (cleaner, fire, peppermint etc)
hope this helps, good luck with the reef!!

puffer32

Well, you need to consider getting a 200 plus tank to keep all those fish, but i am glad to see you are researching and planning, not just buying. You won't beable to keep those angels together, and most will nip at those corals you want. You have plenty of time to citique your ideas to a more reasonable list, so research and ask questions, thats how you learn what will work for you.

reefboy12

This is the kind of thinking i've want so don't feel sorry....btw I wasn't going to add all of those fish I was just putting the fish I like out there for thoughts on how they will do with my corals. I will have quite a few $$$ tucked away...but this will be a bits and piece kinda plan...get a piece of equipment when I can and then when I have it all set it up....do you guys recomend I get a RO/DI unit? There was a nice pinnacle one I was looking at.
Where can get I get a sump/fuge made also?
do you guys have any pictures of your "WHOLE" setups (sumps, plumbing, wiring, ect.)
Thanks,
-Kevin