Reef with new lights

hot883

Ok, so I finally got my T5 retro's in and working. They are 2-36" 8x39w bulbs
4- blue
12- 10,000k daylight
1st pic. is new fixture laying down-no bulbs (notice individual reflectors)
2nd pic.- new light left side (1/2 of the bulbs on) old light on right
3rd.- 2 new fixtures acclimating both just 1/2 on which is 2-blue/2 daylight each
4th pic.- both on all bulbs

hot883

Thanks for the comments. Can hardly wait to get everyone and everything acclimated. These lights make a world of difference. barry

hot883

Originally Posted by WangoTango
looks nice. who makes it?
-Justin
I placed bids for it online and the brand name is "Catalina" , made in USA, 1 year replacement on fixture and 5 year on work horse ballast.

shogun323

Wow Barry!!! The colors are amazing in the second batch of pics!!!! Congratulations. I see some nice SPS in your future!!!!!!! :jumping: ~Wade

hot883

Originally Posted by shogun323
Wow Barry!!! The colors are amazing in the second batch of pics!!!! Congratulations. I see some nice SPS in your future!!!!!!! :jumping: ~Wade
Thanks Wade, they are amazing to say the least. The pics. do it no justice. Super bright that is why I have to acclimate the occupants slowly. I use 1/2 of the bulbs at first turn on in the morning and then I simulate the full affect of the sun in the afternoon by turning the rest on for like an hour or so. I am ready for some monti's etc. Don't want my Queen angel picking on anything. Barry

azfishgal

Wow, your tank looks awesome! Can I ask how much those lights were, bulbs and fixture? I'm still debating the Halide vs. T5s with myself. Right now I have two 36" T5 Double lamps 10,000k/actinic, but I want clams at some point.

hot883

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Wow, your tank looks awesome! Can I ask how much those lights were, bulbs and fixture? I'm still debating the Halide vs. T5s with myself. Right now I have two 36" T5 Double lamps 10,000k/actinic, but I want clams at some point.
bcool831@pldi.net

T

tiberius

Man, I really like those T5 bulbs. What a difference it makes! Nice looking tank! :happyfish

hot883

yes, they are bright and I debated for over 1 year what system to get. I am very happy with these so far. Barry

shogun323

Originally Posted by hot883
yes, they are bright and I debated for over 1 year what system to get. I am very happy with these so far. Barry
I still can't get over how bright it looks. I think we may need some more pictures!!!!

hot883

Originally Posted by shogun323
I still can't get over how bright it looks. I think we may need some more pictures!!!!
I will try later. I need to go read the water meters. Atleast I still have that job. :hilarious