reefkprz...I think i'm ready to frag the toad

who dey

Ok i'm nervous and looked through the thread but couldn't really gather how to frag that toad from ur pics. WHere do i cut any details appreciated since ur the master

who dey

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
ok gimme a minute.
ok take ur time, may not have time today... have reds tickets

reefkprz

just take a razor or a pair of really sharp scissors and cut it at any one of those red lines you can take bigger pieces or smaller, your choice. the cut should get the top par with polyps on it and the bare underside. then just use a piece of rubber band to strap it to a rock loosly, tight enough to hold it but not so tight as to cut through the leather. though if it is too tight you just end up with two heads as shown on the third pic some people also cut the entire outer ring off like shown in the second drawing then cut them up into Multiple frags, with a leather the size of yours you could easily end up with 20 frags. If you can pull it out of your tank do so for the cutting because it is going to leak a lot of toxins once cut, have a bucket of tank water set aside to rinse it in after the cut, same thing with the frags. they usually stop weeping in a minute or so. If you have to cut it in the tank, add fresh carbon just before cutting to help get out the toxins. If you need clarification on anything just ask, I'm here for at least 2 more hours.

who dey

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I think he said it was 17 inches across.
this is fun. Just emailed my LFS he's ready to do some frag trading w/me!!

reefkprz

thats awesome. Thats one reason I frag so much stuff, you get to trade in stuff yiou have plenty of for stuff you dont. cant really make a profit but it goes a long way to defraying the cost of stuff. sometimes when I'm flat broke I just bring some corals to the store and get new stuff to thow it in the face of life, broke doesnt always mean you cant get what you want.....