reefs with power compacts?

bkvreef

Originally Posted by shogun323
I have a 50 agllon with Orbit PC lights.
Shogun323's Tank
Thanks guys.
I read all about how you must get MH and I feel like I can't get any corals. But obviously with your success I can.
Awesome tanks.

murph145

i used to have a 100g tank about a year ago with 500W of PC heres an old pic i dont have this tank anymore thought but u can do alot given enough watts of these bad boys lol....
i had sooo many packed under the canopy!
i kept alot of nice things in the tank....
but adventually metal halides were callin my name...

shogun323

Originally Posted by bcott
shogun, how many watts of pc do you have?
They are 36 inch Orbits. 192 watts over my 50 gallon.

sign guy

Originally Posted by shogun323
Signguy, What is the red coral in your last picture? It's awesome!!
thanks
its a red tree sponge. It can not touch air or it will die. it needs high flow and it not big on light. it would melt under MH's.
btw it looks oarnge but a orange sponge is completly differnt.

taznut

thanks for this post those tanks look awesome with PC's im glad to see people have awesome reefs with them because thats what im working on doing... i have 130w on my 20gal...

whackamole

Originally Posted by Duke13
192 watt PC

hey those are moti's right what kind exactly are they and how many gallons is your tank

anonome

I have a 125, 6ft long tank, with 384 watts of PC lighting. I have many types of LPS and softies.

anonome

I am going to bump this one up to the top for bkvreef, this is too good of a thread to let it slip by. I know that many people have reefs with only pc lighting, not everyone has metal halides, though I'm sure they wish, like myself. Come on people post your pictures. ***) I'm curious too. What do you have in your aquarium?