Refugium DIY

smlussier

I have a plan to set up a refugium, I currently have a 75 gallon coral / fish. I have the tidepool II so there was not much room left over for the refugium in it. I came up with a plan for a sidemount gravity feed system. Basically the overflow has two line come down one into the tidepool sump through the filters and biowheel and the other goes into the refugium (rubbermaid bin). There will be an overflow on the side so that when the refuguim fills it will spill back into the sump where the return pump is located. along with the skimmer. I tried to make a sketch using paint but it sucks.
Feedback appreciated. let me know if anyone sees a problem.

smlussier

Thanks I set it up today and it seems to be working fine, I just need to get the macralgea.
What do you think would make a better macro - Cheato or Calup....

matt b

Originally Posted by smlussier
http:///forum/post/2569188
I have a plan to set up a refugium, I currently have a 75 gallon coral / fish. I have the tidepool II so there was not much room left over for the refugium in it. I came up with a plan for a sidemount gravity feed system. Basically the overflow has two line come down one into the tidepool sump through the filters and biowheel and the other goes into the refugium (rubbermaid bin). There will be an overflow on the side so that when the refuguim fills it will spill back into the sump where the return pump is located. along with the skimmer. I tried to make a sketch using paint but it sucks.
Feedback appreciated. let me know if anyone sees a problem.
I would put the fuge on the other side of the sump of move the skimmer so that pods have a chance to get into the tank without getting skimmed. But if you cant its not a big deal
edit: I just looked the pic again and it looks like the overflow from the fuge will go right by the return

smlussier

Reply to Matt, Thanks for the input guys. My paint skills are not up too par. Actually the overflow from the fuge will drip right over the pump, that is the ony way I could figure it out so it would not right into the skimmer. That entire section in the sump is open with no baffles so I really don't ahve a choice