Refugium Ideas

rdanford

I have a 55 gal display tank that will be a reef tank when all is mature. I have a wet/dry system filtering the tank now, but I also have a 29 gal with 40lbs ls and lighting in my stand now. I was thinking of putting a hang-on protein skimmer, my heaters, and capurla(sp) in there too. How can I add this to my existing set-up, is it possible? Thanks guys

arkman

I was planning on doing a similar thing --- but I was going to cycle them both at the same time. If one is up and running before you establish the other I'd be really interested in knowing what you would do.

rdanford

I was going to cycle the 29 gal refugium with a shrimp, live rock and live sand....then make sure all the params are the same or very close, then connect the sump, refugium and tank together.

danrw84

im thinking about doing this too
i have a 20 gal sump under my 29.
I want to make it just one big refugium i guess.
how are you going to hang your skimmer on if you're water level isnt very high? id have to raise my water level a bunch for my prizm to work. Right now i have a hang on refugium on the sump, What would i have to do to my 20 gal to make it a working refugium? add compartments or something? keeping the algae from the return pump, and skimmer if i add it?