refugium is this a good deal?

kmart189

$259.99+$23.10 shipping
Brand New in Box Ready to go!
It is time to naturally break down all of the waste in your aquarium!
Everything is included:
Plug and Play ready to work upon arrival
Dimensions of Sump: 24'' X 12'' X 14''
Single Drain Overflow included
Top of the line Protein skimmer included- dimensions of skimmer are 4'' X 4''X 19''
Skimmer does not have to sit in sump if your cabinet lacks space- it can even hang on the back of your aquarium or go behind aquarium.
You will receive skimmer in large picture- skimmer in combo picture has been discontinued.
Refugium light include- comes with 2X 13 watt compact 6500k bulbs
Legs are included with light to prop nicely above refugium
Bio-balls are included to absorb and help break down natural waste as it enters the refugium
Bulk Head included to help hold hose in place from overflow
2 Pumps are included
Skimmer Pump and return pump are included
Skimmer pump is a Catalina Aquarium 635 GPH (Gallons per hour) pump
Return Pump is a Catalina Aquarium 850 GPH (gallons per hour) pump
You will need piping to use this sump
1/2 '' PVC Piping (that you cut to length needed) OR Soft flexible ½'' Tubing. – The flexible tubing is easier to use/ modify and cut so we suggest flexible tubing. We would include these things but the plants and pods would not live with shipment and all aquariums have different shapes and sizes – so you will need different lengths of PVC or flexible tubing. (This will cost $5 or less)
Throw away your mechanical filtration! This is easier to use in the long run than mechanical filtration, cheaper and it is more healthy!
The Refugium naturally breaks down fish waste into plant and pod food- the plants and pods in your refugium will live off the waste
This retails for $499.99 – here is a chance to get this unit factory direct at half the price to your door!
Shipping in USA is $35
Please contact us within 48 hrs if there is damage in shipping and we can immediately fix and file damage claim.
This product has SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK POLICY!

kmart189

I gave up on waiting and went with the one that is one step up gave up on waiting for someone to reply after 14 views and not one comment

naclh2o nut

I just walked in the door. That sounds pretty nice. Can you give a name for this product? I would like to search it out. I am looking for a fuge. This sounds like it is more stuff but has a good price. I know you can't link it but any help would be great.

posiden

Originally Posted by kmart189
http:///forum/post/2986663

WOW you are awesome you can count
Maybe you would not have gotten that response if you had not been so snippy yourself. Like everyone is supposed to gravitate toward your thread and give you the advice that you seek
oh great one.
A little more info should have been put out there as well. Maybe a pic or two. Probably the first thing folks would ask about is the skimmer. Skimmers are a pretty big deal if you are going to spend your money on one. All it says is the GPH. Oh yea it is a top of the line. The way that add reads I could imagine a used car salesman standing there reciting it to me.
Give folks a chance to offer a little help before you jump to conclusions. You need to remember you are posting to the world here. Not everyone has the knowledge to comment. Maybe they are looking for answers too.

E

eric b 125

i dont mean to side-track this conversation, but here's my opinion on this gadget. i've seen pre-built sumps before and the ones i've checked out have been quailty built, but i still prefer to build my own. without pictures it's difficult to give a good opinion. can you switch out the included skimmer for a different one? IMO, a skimmer that can handle a 150, alone will cost as much, or more than the whole set-up you're looking at. you get what you pay for and IMO when something is advertised as "top of the line" and yet doesnt give the name usually isnt top of the line. the fuge itself also seems a bit small for a 150, but something is better than nothing i suppose. are you connecting this thing with another tank? (one sump w/ skimmer, one fuge).
on a side note: sometimes it is difficult to wait for ppl to respond to a thread. i had to wait a day or two to get someone to respond to my questions about ich. but in my posting experience, i find it better to be patient and wait for a response than to make hasty decisions that we want answers on. patients is key to this hobby.

E

eric b 125

the light is nice, but that skimmer sure isn't 'top of the line'. it looks like a seaclone knock-off. personally i wouldnt have gone for it, i like the idea of building my own sump, to personalize it to the system to which it is being connected. i wish you luck with it though, you'll have to let us know how it turns out!

T

tennisball

if i were you i would return that sump and buy a used tank and put in your baffles. but that would take longer than you would propably want to wait
. any how this way you save about 180 dollars and it is the way you like it. and for a skimmer i like the coralife ones, they are cheaper and powerfull. and try not to get into tiff with people (even if they start it) it wont help your name any,and well, a well know name can be really helpful are could make you do this for the resat of your life