Refugium Light

ohioreef

I have seen a pic of a lightbulb that several people are using for their refugiums. It is a bulb from Home Depot and wouldn't you know for the life of me I can not find the thread that it is in. If anyone happens to recall either the thread or has the pic, could you please post it here.
Thanks!!
Gary

ohioreef

Thanks, but that's not it. It was a screw-in par something light. The person was using a regular clip-on light with the screw-in bulb in it and said that his macros were going crazy.
There was a post just a couple days ago that had the pic of the light in it, I just can't remember the title of the post. :confused:

ntvflgirl

I used one of the grow lights from home depot. It's a 120 watt bulb screwed into the clip on. My caulerpa doubled in about 2 weeks time. I had to change to a smaller bulb, though because it kept my tank at about 84 degrees when I left it on. I run an ecosystem, so I need to leave my light on 24/7 over the fuge. I downgraded to a 60 watt over a 20 gallon ecosystem...hoping that's enough to make them grow.
Look for their plant grow lights...should be simple to find.

ohioreef

Do you know what the kelvin rating on your bulb is? I'm guessing that I want something in the 6500K range.