Refugium size?

larryndana

Well, i first decided to go with a 30 gal sump/fuge.
oh, 30 long, 75gallon display.
I can fit it in there. but not through the doors.
I could get a 20 long, 30 maybe to much for a 75 anyway.
So my questions, should i just move down to a 20long? This way i can just move it in or out if needed.
Or just stick with the 30long, i won't be able to move it after the display is full. Will i need to ever pull it out or move it?
or two 10 gallons, just not sure anymore.

sign guy

bigger is always better when talking about sumps and fuges, I can't think of a reson you'd ever need to pull it out. go with the 30 youll be happy

larryndana

Originally Posted by quads4_lif
you could go with a split design like on my 55 gal I did a 10 gal fuge with w 20 gal 3 chamber sump
how did this work? Can't remember if i've seen any pics or not.

larryndana

Originally Posted by sign guy
bigger is always better when talking about sumps and fuges, I can't think of a reson you'd ever need to pull it out. go with the 30 youll be happy
thanks, i'm just unsure.

quads4_lif

I had a local glass company do it. but they cracked the 10 gal. the company I used only likes to do big jobs so they did not want to do mine and just rushed it and they cracked it and said oops sorry. So know I just use a diamond coated hole saw you can get off of that auction site you cant mention. When you drill your tank make sure you go slow just let the weight of your drill be the pressure, you can add a small amount but just rember SLOW and keep the glass cool you can use a water hose that is just running over where you are cutting. I wish you the best of luck. Just make sure the glass is not tempered or instead of a hole you will have a pile.

peckhead

i bhave a 30g trapped under my 90g. pretty much the same dementions as a 75 except the hieght....
never needed to take it out. i worried about it at first
but not really anymore,