Refugium Sump Question

lionpaw38

I would like to run a seperate Sump/Filter and Refugium setup. I have tried two single overflows ( which are not identical) but I can't get the levels to stay consistant in either the sump or refugium. One gets fuller and the other drains down. Is the answer to buy a dual outlet overflow and run one line to each? Do I need two identical single overflows, Different pumps, or is there something I am missing? I have two rio 2100's doing the pushing, one in each. My brain is tired..please help :)

lionpaw38

I have the main tank setup with two single overflows. One box going to a sump and one going to the Refugium. The sump and the Refuge each have a rio 2100 in them. The Fuge and the sump are both below the main tank. Sorry don't have a digram. Just cant get the levels to stay consistant.

mbowker

you have to connect the fuge and the sump, you will have to pump the identical amount back to the main tank to make them work individual. I think its impossible. One has to dump into the other, not seperatly

willcon

lion just add a ball valve to the inlet and the outlet and you can control either one and just adjust one to the other. i had the same problem as you but its quite simple when you have the valves.

dgirard05

Hi 38 Read Your Problem I Can't Think Why You Would Want To Feed Sump & Refugium With 2 Overflows. The Smart Way Is To Feed Both Overflow In The First Section With 3 Baffels TO STOP AIR BUBBLES Then To The Refugium To The Return Or Have The Refugium At The End With The Return In The Middle, You Put A Bypass Valve On Your Return Line & Open The Valve To Feed Small Amount Of Water To The Refugium To Keep It From Getting Stagent.the Water flows From The Refugium Through Theeth Cut In The Wall Of The Refugium Back To The Return.thats How Mine Works. Send Me Your Email Add. Ill Send You Some Pic. Of My Refu.& Sump.
Dave