Refugium Tanks and Live Sand Beds

debakker

Can anyone suggest where I can find articles on refugium tanks and live sand beds. I am interested in both but I am a little confused and have lots of questions. what are the aims and results of having these tanks operating.

T

thomas712

Your best bet is a google search, we can not post up links or name other sites on this board, within reason anyway.
Our host does not permit advertized sites, competitive sites, or other Bulletin boards sites on here.
Sorry, hope you understand.
Thomas
Feel free to start threads asking how others started their fuge or other equimpent in the DIY and equipment forum. You can also ask about them in the reef forum.

debakker

thanks for the reply Thomas712, I understand the rules of this forum. I was hoping someone had written an article and posted it in this forum.

debakker

Thanks heaps men Bang looks like you have saved me lots of work again.
Kip, that is a great site and great article, I have printed masses and masses of paper from it. When you frag. your mushrooms and other soft corals etc. how much do you cut away to get a good re-plant.
The articles you posted are exactly what I was looking for when I posted the initial question on this thread.
Regards, Dirk De Bakker

debakker

Just one other question, Kip / Bang do you feed your mushrooms anything. I have been feeding mine with a liquid food made by a reliable Australian company. I haven't been feeding them solid food. I did try some time ago with solid food (pieces of fish flesh) but didn't seem to intrest them. I just assumed they were filter feeders, maybe not?
Thanks again Dirk

debakker

Kip or Bang,
When you frag you mushrooms and other soft corals how much do you cut away to get a good take.

debakker

Thanks Kip will do a search for the site mentioned. Don't you people ever sleep over there.
Dirk