refugium ?

lowend

just wondering if anybody has experience with a HOB style refugium, i was looking at getting the Aquafuge style one, but wanted some advice on if it would be worth the hundred dollars for it. i only have a 30gal tank and don't have much room for anything else. please help

drkdweller

i got the large aquafuge on my 75 reef, works great. you can get blemished ones for cheap and they work the same
i got a blem and all it was a small scuff on the bottom so you cant even see it. it took me a while to find it. i know a site that sells them you can get the large for the same price as a small

drkdweller

they got one $95.50 for the large
"These are 'FACTORY Seconds' from the CPR Aquatic manufacturing facility.
They all carry the normal warranty that CPR Products has for their entire product line.
CPR Aquatic classifies "FACTORY Seconds" as those units which have "cosmetic blemishes, but are structurally sound".
Again, these are 'factory seconds', that are structurally sound, yet have cosmetic issues. Such as minor bubble marks along the seams, or scratches that do not affect the integrity or functionality."

lowend

where can i get algae to put inside my fug. what would be the best kind to put in there. any suggestions?