Refugium

damndamsel

Have plumbed in a rubbermade container for a refugium.
Had initially planned on Mangroves (cuz they look neat and difrent). After reading many posts it would seem rufugium inhabitants will change depending on what you want from it.
Can't seem to find what inhabitants though.
What I want from my fuge is pods and any other benificials I can get from it. I have nothing obvious that I am looking to remove. So question is what to put in teh fuge? It will be a very low flow system.
Thanks in advance.

squidd

The question really is...What do you want to "get out" of your fuge...?
If it's just pods, bacteria and extra water volume...some LR rubble and no light will work...

damndamsel

No sand needed?
Anything I should put in to "feed" to keep a healthy pod pop going?
I will prob stick some mangroves in there even if not needed just because I like that look... any harm from these to a podpop?

streetdoc

Mangroves work well for me and they will not harm anything. I read a post on a different site that studied the use of mangroves and found they were very efficient at removing phosphates and DOC's.

russianspy

You don't really need to feed your fuge if all your going to have is pods, they eat most of there waste and if you have a light over the fuge bacteria and stuff growing can keep them fed and increase the pod population
-Russia