refugium

ebeckels

I just bought a sump on ----...it comes with bio balls and some other stuff i can copy and paste the description if someone is curious....anyways.. i know i should take out the bio balls to make it a refugium but what exactly do i need to do to make it a refugium?
-Eric

depends, mostly on the size, but usually they consist of Diffrent varietys of Macro Algeas, LS and LR. Lights usually are on 24/7 (mine are) but some people like to play it a diffrent way.

templar

A slow flow, a deep sand bed, live rock if you want, and macro algae. Any kind of lighting will do. You can leave them on 24/7 or reverse from your tank.

ebeckels

this is what the description says:
Dimensions are 19"L X 15"W X 15"H. Sump is completely drilled and plumbed and ready to attached to your tank setup. Rated for tanks up to 100 gallons in size. System INCLUDES an already installed Kent Marine automatic water replenshing system (including a 5 gallon bucket which has already been plumbed to attach to the system). This will reduce the need for you to continuously have to add water to your tank.
Now what from this description can you tell me that I will need. I know I need to buy some LS and LR... I will also need some macro algae to start. How much of each should I get for these dimensions? Also, where in the refugium does each thing go? Does anyone have a good diagram of a refugium similar to this one? Thanks a lot.

D

diatom

I love it when people just repeat the information YOU just gave someone??!?!?
:D :D

@knight

a refugium usually consists of diffrent varietys of macro algeas, LS and LR. Lights usually are on 24/7 (TheReefman52's
are) but some people like to play it a diffrent way
:D :p ;)

D

diatom

Hold on here now...I'm getting confused...Reefman says, "depends, mostly on the size, but usually they consist of Diffrent varietys of Macro Algeas, LS and LR. Lights usually are on 24/7 (mine are) but some people like to play it a diffrent way."
But @Knight says, "a refugium usually consists of diffrent varietys of macro algeas, LS and LR. Lights usually are on 24/7 (TheReefman52's
are) but some people like to play it a diffrent way"
who's do I believe?!?
:D :D :D

seabass

Ok let me clear things up! This is what it comes down to! depends, mostly on the size, but usually they consist of Diffrent varietys of Macro Algae and LR. Lights usually are on 24/7 (mine are) but some people like to play it a diffrent way.

D

diatom

So Seabass what you're your saying is that this is what it comes down to! depends, mostly on the size, but usually they consist of Diffrent varietys of Macro Algae and LR. Lights usually are on 24/7 (mine are) but some people like to play it a diffrent way.
Now that makes sense...why didn't someone just say that right way?