regal tang and yellow tang

nm reef

It would be very possible......especially if they are added to a rather large system that is well established and there are no other livestock issues that would cause stress or aggression.

smoney

I have mine in a realatively smaller system, not as big as they are suppose to be in, but the trick is, if you are going to add them, introduce them at the same time.

dogstar

Originally Posted by s1scanner
will a regal tang and a yellow tang get along???
Mine do.
The trick with keeping different tangs is getting past the aggression of the introduction period. This is true with many different species of fish, not just tangs. If there are already established tangs/fish in the system then that increases the aggression. The established one/s will not like a newcomer and will be very agressive towards it untill it/they get over it and excepts it or one dies and the ' results ' normally depend on the size and setup ( hideing places, swimming room, ect.) of the system and the health of the newcomer to begin with.

dragonzim

I've been keeping a yellow and a regal together for about a year and a half now. They were added at the same time and I've never had any problems with aggression from either one.

misfit

Mine were added at different times almost a year apart. The yellow first with no agression problems.

unleashed

most tangs of like species such as the yellow, scopus and sailfin tangs are of the sailfin variety this is where territorial agresstion normally accures.naso, hippo types of tangs are of the surgeon family .most tangs get along fine with non like species. although i have found that although foxfaces unlike the normal body shape of a tang ( they are related but are not tangs) will get aggresion from either of the tang variety when introduced to a tang tank.when introducing new tangs to a tank that has established tangs in it make sure newer fish is slightly larger so its not to be bullied so easily.