REGGIE- Does IT! Thanks Houston Texans

ruaround

at the expense of my team and a marginal block in the back by stecker... yup only took him 5 weeks to do it...

scubadoo

Originally Posted by ruaround
at the expense of my team and a marginal block in the back by stecker... yup only took him 5 weeks to do it...
I watched that replay several times and I do not beleive the block on the sidelines by Stecker was in the back.
Of course, when your team is 0-4, you grasp at anything you can in order to feel good about a situation or try to squeeze out some moral victory
Let's not forget the offensive pass interference called against Horn which was a joke the offensive/defensive double call in the end zone that was ridiculous .
You are in for a LONG season..and I know what those feel like.
The Ucs are back...better than the Aint's being back for a change.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Oceanists
As of right now ..... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over rated
First rookie in NFL HISTORY to return a game winning punt for a TD within the last 5 minutes of a game and/or OT.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by dc2mlbsm
so he hasnt been impressive in his POSITION
Yes, going into the game yeterday he led the league in first down catches on thrid down. As a kick returner which is alos one of his positions besides lining up at wide receiver and running back......you can say he was the key to victory yesterday.
So..at running back..he has yet to shine..at wide receiver excellent..and kich returner one return for a TD that sealed the victory.
And your pont is?
Hovan lineman for Tampa said it best..he is a three headed monster.

oceanists

What is Tampa's record? 0-4? and the saints BARELY beat them ..... the begining of the saints season is no more than a fluke .... the only TOUGH team they played this year they lost to.
Reggie Bush is over rated. Wont even finish the season with 1000 yards.
Also pretty sure I saw a block in the back on that return.
Next 2 teams they play are against top ranked defenses for the first time this year. And this is where they will begin to fade. LOL!!
Your team is going to end up like my team ..... 3 place at the end of the season.

ruaround

i would agree when its your team you look at each play differently... hence the reason i said "marginal"... now lets not over look the fact that three other rookies got their first TDs yesterday too and two in their first NFL start... infact one of these rookies threw for two TD passes against the Saints... and he was a 6th round draft pick... sure he may have alot more oppertunities in a game but i bet you in his NFL career he has touched the ball less than Reggie...
it was a good game and Tampa blew it on a stupid penalty... one that a 12 year veteran knows better than to do...

scubadoo

i would agree when its your team you look at each play differently... hence the reason i said "marginal"... now lets not over look the fact that three other rookies got their first TDs yesterday too and two in their first NFL start... infact one of these rookies threw for two TD passes against the Saints... and he was a 6th round draft pick... sure he may have alot more oppertunities in a game but i bet you in his NFL career he has touched the ball less than Reggie...
it was a good game and Tampa blew it on a stupid penalty... one that a 12 year veteran knows better than to do...
Let's not overlook the Saints have Deuce and he is usally in the game on goal line situations for as he is the BETTER back on short yardage situations..
In the end..your rook was on the field and had two shots possessions after the punt return and did not get the job done...so your point is?
If you are throwing the footabll...you should be able to have a couple TD;s.
The rook looked good...but vould not come through in the clutch plus had a key fumble.
Also, the so-called pick play was run early in the game on Jason Craft (same player) and he mentioned to the ref to watch for it as it went uncalled. So, they ram the SAME play and was flagged the second time.
I'll take 4-1....tied for the second best record in the nfl, plus 1/2 game lead in the nfc south.
I doubt the Saints will continue on...may not even make the playoffs....but I'll take it for now.
Point of the original post....how can the Texans pass on such a player and draft a Mario WIlliams?

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Oceanists
What is Tampa's record? 0-4? and the saints BARELY beat them ..... the begining of the saints season is no more than a fluke .... the only TOUGH team they played this year they lost to.
Reggie Bush is over rated. Wont even finish the season with 1000 yards.
Also pretty sure I saw a block in the back on that return.
Next 2 teams they play are against top ranked defenses for the first time this year. And this is where they will begin to fade. LOL!!
Your team is going to end up like my team ..... 3 place at the end of the season.

I'll take a win any way they come. Yes, they have a tough road ahead. Let's see what happens.
They also have a date in Dallas later this year. I beleive Reggie has a legitimate shot at gaining over a 1,ooo yards combined. We have Deuce and do not have to rely that heavy on Reggie in the running game. No, he will be nowhere near 1,000 yards rushing if that is what you are saying.
The Saints are capabale of playing better and from a stats standpoint were outplayed....yet still won the game. So your point is...the Saints were outplayed yet still won...isn't that the mark of a GOOD team?
Hmmm...the preseason favorite by many "experts" SUper Bowl nfc representative Panthers held on for a three point victory at home against the Saints? Oh yes..that is a blow out victory..LOL

ruaround

I dont think the Texans made a mistake taking Super Mario... I personally can only recollect 2 1st pick overall defensive players that in their rookie season actually made a HUGE impact... being that there really hasnt been to many its tough to find a comparison... if Super Mario ends up having a career like Bruce Smith then it wont be a mistake after all.. he has alot to learn still and will be a solid foundation for what will become a solid defense...

scubadoo

I dont think the Texans made a mistake taking Super Mario... I personally can only recollect 2 1st pick overall defensive players that in their rookie season actually made a HUGE impact... being that there really hasnt been to many its tough to find a comparison... if Super Mario ends up having a career like Bruce Smith then it wont be a mistake after all.. he has alot to learn still and will be a solid foundation for what will become a solid defense...
I would agree that it is too early to tell...but the idiots could have traded down in the draft, got addtional picks/players..and probbaly still would have drafted that dynamite game changing defensive player they think they have. Probably 90% of the nfl teams would have drafted Bush.at #1..or moved down for addtional picks/players.

ruaround

i dont know if 90% would have taken Bush... perhaps the Texans did try to trade down... who knows... yes Reggie is an impact player and right now he is playing his role... but statistically Maroney and Jones-Drew are having beter seasons behind high caliber running backs...

scubadoo

i dont know if 90% would have taken Bush... perhaps the Texans did try to trade down... who knows... yes Reggie is an impact player and right now he is playing his role... but statistically Maroney and Jones-Drew are having beter seasons behind high caliber running backs...
From a stats standpoint..Maroney is ahead of Bush in all purpose yards...but Jones Drew is not.

scubadoo

Reggie Bush...currently leads th nfl in receiving # of receptions @34
Unless I missed it...I do not beleive Drew or Maroney leads the nfl in any statistical category..but Bush does in total receptions.

ruaround

yes.. but Jones-Drew and Maroney dont play 3 different positions...
from RB position:
Bush - 170 yds - 54 attempts - 0 TDs
Jones-Drew - 177 yds - 33 attempts - 2 TDs (has only played in 3 games)
Maroney - 332 yds - 78 attempts - 3 TDs

oceanists

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
I'll take a win any way they come. Yes, they have a tough road ahead. Let's see what happens.
They also have a date in Dallas later this year. I beleive Reggie has a legitimate shot at gaining over a 1,ooo yards combined. We have Deuce and do not have to rely that heavy on Reggie in the running game. No, he will be nowhere near 1,000 yards rushing if that is what you are saying.
The Saints are capabale of playing better and from a stats standpoint were outplayed....yet still won the game. So your point is...the Saints were outplayed yet still won...isn't that the mark of a GOOD team?
Hmmm...the preseason favorite by many "experts" SUper Bowl nfc representative Panthers held on for a three point victory at home against the Saints? Oh yes..that is a blow out victory..LOL
I think the saints will make the playoffs , I acctually think it will be the Cowboys and Saints in the wildcard spot , and your right any win is a win ... I wish the cowboys had a win this week.... Bush may get 1000 this season , its tough to say because he is going up against some defenses he hasnt had to deal with yet.
Ive had rollercoaster emotions after my Cowboy loss this week..... bottom line , Im not going to shun my team, I still beleive they can end up with the division because to tell you the truth I dont beleive the eagles are going to remain dominate ... they barely left with a victory out home WITH all of Dallas's mistakes.
We will soon find out come week 10 we will all have a better veiw on the leagues strongest.