Regional Foods & Restaurants

groupergenius

Originally Posted by sign guy
the best fast food joint imho chick fil a
Chick-fil-a is awsome, but pricy. Funny that Foghorn Leghorn brings that one up.

How about Whataburger. Pricy as well down here but a good fast food meal.

rylan1

Penn Station - very good cheese steaks and other hot subs- much better than su
ay and quiznoes

rylan1

When I was in Michigan they had some place called Oddles & Noodles - I think? Basically it was a place that sold noodles and you could add chicken or shrimp and that sort of stuff.

shogun323

Originally Posted by autofreak44
IN-N-OUT!!!!!

We have Moes Southwest Grill around which is a fave of mine. I think they are poppin up everywhere though.

dragonzim

This sucks. We dont have any of those places here in NY. We've got your basic McD's, BK, Wendy's, Taco Bell here. They just started opening a few Checkers here and there and I think I heard that there is finally a Fatburger about 30 miles from where I live, but no In and Out, Carls Jr or any of the others that are supposed to be so good...

jerthunter

I have never been to a Chipotle but we have a Qdoba, which I have heard if very similar.
I miss west coast chains like Jack in the Box. And although it isn't food I really miss Jamba Juice.

darknes

Back in Nebraska we had Valentino's and Runza.
I didn't think Fazoli's was regional, but haven't heard anyone else mention it.

jmick

Originally Posted by reefreak29
its all about portillos in chicago
Agreed, over all their food is very good!

jmick

We also have EL Famous Burrito here in Chicago, if you like Mexican their food is excellent!

jennythebugg

we have a small chain around texas rosas cafe and tortilla factory...yum!
taco villa
we have a jojo's drive in its a tiny hamburger shaped place ,but for the best burger here in odessa its hands down the wattsburger i got tobin addicted to them...juicy!
great thread btw

jennythebugg

hey crimzy what do you michiganderans do for decent mexican food up there ?? i spent 2 summers in a row in michigan up in gaylord and the mexican food places there sukked ...literally it was nasty ,i ordered steak fajitas and all it was were tomatoes and onions and steak , no seasonings to speak of...yankees

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Darknes
Back in Nebraska we had Valentino's and Runza.
I didn't think Fazoli's was regional, but haven't heard anyone else mention it.
they have fazzoli's here in tx...tobin

jovial

I like Fazzolis, Chipotle took over the building where Fazzoli's used to be in my neighborhood though.

xdave

Originally Posted by crimzy
In Michigan we have A & W and Coney Islands. I think those are regional.
We have A&W in Ohio too, haven't seen one for a while though. About 40 miles from Cleveland there's still an old Dog 'N Suds drive-in where the waitresses wear roller skates. I don't no how wide spread this one is but I love Big Boy!
Off topic but... speaking of drive-ins, theres 2 drive-in movie theaters within a hour of my house.