Removing my Condi

gene80

I recently purchased a pair of B&W Clowns (A. Oc), and then realized that they will not host the anemone I have in the tank.
What's the best way to remove a happy anemone? LFS said they would take him back.

M

marinerfr

Originally Posted by Gene80
I recently purchased a pair of B&W Clowns (A. Oc), and then realized that they will not host the anemone I have in the tank.
What's the best way to remove a happy anemone? LFS said they would take him back.
i have those to what anenome will they host are they sebae clowns that have a sort of yellowish mouth

dawman

I`ve heard of rubbing an ice cube on the base of the anemone and it will release . I`ve never had to remove any of mine so I don`t know how well it works .

The ice cube trick works - or maybe it's just that anemone is trying to get away, but I had to do it last week to move my lta
it's a long slow process...

gene80

Thanks! Ice did the trick!
Moral of the story - Condi's will eat anything, grow extremely fast, doesn't make a good host, and hates ice!

gene80

Originally Posted by marinerfr
i have those to what anenome will they host are they sebae clowns that have a sort of yellowish mouth
Mine are not Sebae but I think most will host a RBTA. That's what I've read anyhow.

A

awakened2life

My True Percula and Condi are best friends.

He doesn't even like my bubble tip.

bkvreef

Originally Posted by Gene80
Thanks! Ice did the trick!
Moral of the story - Condi's will eat anything, grow extremely fast, doesn't make a good host, and hates ice!
I have mine in a 110g and it's grown great under my t-5's. By the way how big do they get?
As far as removing I have also heard that they don't like direct water flow and then will move and then it may be easier to transplant.