Replacing Stock PC bulbs for 24g Nano cube

jigga w00t

I searched, and couldn't find any info on replacing stock PC bulbs for my jbj nano 24g, and I don't really trust the fish store guy... Its been about 8 months since I bought the tank new, and some things in my tank just don't seem to be growing like they should be. (Even though my GSP's are growing like crazy...)
Is there is a benefit to getting one 10K and a 50/50 instead of the standard (2) 50/50's?

perfectdark

Originally Posted by jigga w00t
http:///forum/post/2648616
I searched, and couldn't find any info on replacing stock PC bulbs for my jbj nano 24g, and I don't really trust the fish store guy... Its been about 8 months since I bought the tank new, and some things in my tank just don't seem to be growing like they should be. (Even though my GSP's are growing like crazy...)
Is there is a benefit to getting one 10K and a 50/50 instead of the standard (2) 50/50's?
You would lose the bluer spectrum which will make your coral colors stand out more. But your growth rate maybe slightly increased. Each Mfg, of these cubes do things slightly different. BioCubes come with an actinic for the first bulb and a 10K for the second. This allows owners to have the actinics come on first before the daylights. When I switched mine out for the first time I went with dual 50/50's IMO I missed being able to turn on actinics only. JMO.