Reptile

volitan100

I had a leopard gecko ina 5gal(baby) but then i decided i wanted to breed them so i got a 25gal. What lizard you lookin for?

tripleshot

A anhole would be ok for a 10gal but a day gecko or a leopard or a skink would need at least a 20 long cuz once you add a water bowl heat rock if that is what you are gonna use for a heat source. And something for decoration"like a fake tree or something else" it starts to take up alot of space... Think of it this way could you live with everything you need to in a 10 foot by 10 foot room??? try to give the critter as much room as you can afford..

volitan100

Originally posted by tripleshot
A anhole would be ok for a 10gal but a day gecko or a leopard or a skink would need at least a 20 long cuz once you add a water bowl heat rock if that is what you are gonna use for a heat source. And something for decoration"like a fake tree or something else" it starts to take up alot of space... Think of it this way could you live with everything you need to in a 10 foot by 10 foot room??? try to give the critter as much room as you can afford..

not to start a argument but a leopard would be fine in 10gal tank for its whole life as long as you just have 1.

tripleshot

Shure 1 leopard gecko would be fine in a 10gal i guess the point i was trying to get at is that once you start to add decorations and things to the tank it just gets a little clutterd.

For a leopard gecko I would suggest a 20 long, they get 8 inches long. A 10 gallon is only 12 inches long, that does not leave alot of room for them. A 5 gallon could house smaller newts or frogs, but even anoles will need at least a ten. I have in the past kept a couple of types of tarantulas in a 5 gallon they never had any probs with it. LOL But that is a little off subject here :)
Just my .02
-Brian