requirements for sun coral?

S

spike_501

yeah, u need excellant water conditions, light isnt really necessary and the individual polyps need feeding every few days i think, its a high maintenace coral and will die off with a tank with anything worse than brilliant water conditions so u might be better spending your money on something else if you dont have this

T

tuningvis

i had one as you can tell :p (avatar)
you need to feed every day
i spot mine mysis shrimp through a syringe ..

speg

I've been thinking of getting one.. I have the perfect location to place one.. i've listend to a few ways of people feeding theirs.. do you think if every night when I go to feed my brain if I just took a little cyclop-eeze and sprinkled it over top of the sun coral that it would be satisfied?

beaver

G/F got one of these... Iv been takeing care of it. Any way, just tossing food on it dosent seem to be any good. You have to feed it like a baby.. The first day it didnt want to come out at all, then I fed the fish it came like half way out about 20 mins after every one ate and the lights where out. So the next night I took it out of the tank and put it in a bucket with some tank water and put a 1/2 cube of brine shrimp in there and let it soke up the fumes for like 1 hour. It came almost all the way out and I was able to get it to eat like 10 brine shrimp... for real puting them in its "mouths" with tweezers. Two days of this... now as soon as the lights go off it will open all the way. Or if I feed during the day (most times I feed at night before lights out ) it will open up and want food. I still have to almost hand feed it, but the turky baster thing with a few srimp in it works ok. I just have to turn off power heads and skimmer so the stuff dosent blow all over the tank.