Reverse Osmosis unit

masta man

Yo, I want to get a RO unit for my aquarium, and I was wondering if it is hard to install it into a sink? My dad says that I need a plumber to do it (which I doubt). I found some cheaper units at a hardware store is it the same thing. Please help me.
-Masta

a6t9p

just get one that fits onto outdoor water connector and somewhere in your laundry room or where you have a washing machine there will be one and buy a y connector with shut off's built in cost 3 buck or so at a hardware store and install there that is the best way to do it plus with the water wasted you can start a load of laundry so you won't be wasting that much water

make sure your water pressure is good. Mine wasn't. returned it. I could carry the water from the store faster than it could make it. The store is 40 minutes away.....

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Masta Man
http:///forum/post/2541543
Yo, I want to get a RO unit for my aquarium, and I was wondering if it is hard to install it into a sink? My dad says that I need a plumber to do it (which I doubt). I found some cheaper units at a hardware store is it the same thing. Please help me.
-Masta
My first one was installed under the sink. I installed it myself, and tell your dad I'm a girl!!
If I could do it...

The hardest part was how uncomfortable it was under the sink. But the installation was incredibly easy. The step by step instructions were perfect. I had the GE model.
I now have a 2 way hooked up to my washing machines water source, and one goes into the RO. That way is by far a lot easier and this way I have a bigger better RO unit that can put out more water for me.