Revitalizing live rock

Tsling07

I have a question about revitalizing my live rock instead of buying all new since it's so expensive. All of mine died when I shut down my aquarium when it crashed a few years ago and I would like to revitalize it. I bought 20 lbs of Life Rock and two bottles of coralline algae and I'm seeing a lot of coralline algae growth. Is this enough to revitalize it or should I buy some live rock and put it in with it as well. Is live rock more beneficial than just Life Rock? I attached a couple photos so you can see the Rock and the purple algae growth.

I would really appreciate anyone's help with this.

Attachments

jay0705

The life rock looks nice, but its not live rock. If your looking for the fastest results. Add a bit of true live rock and it will seed the other rock

Tsling07

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping the beneficial bacteria they infuse into the life rock would propagate over to the dead live rock as well. I don't know if this is possible since it's actually injected into the rock and not living on it. Any suggestions where to buy a small amount of live rock? I bought some from Premium Aquatics but it was useless.

Tsling07

The life rock looks nice, but its not live rock. If your looking for the fastest results. Add a bit of true live rock and it will seed the other rock
I actually just found a local fish store that has some so I'm going to go buy some today. Thanks for answering all of my questions.