rics/yumas n glue...

ineedfrags

Can u use glue to hold em down after you frag em? Ive heard shrooms dont do good with glue and was wonderin if rics and yumas would be the same?

flricordia

If you are fragging them by cutting then you should make sure there is a piece of rock no matter how small attatched to the parts that are being separated. You can cut the rock with snips/bone cutters from the bottom so that a peices are on each side you are fragging.
I take superglue gel and build on the rock peices if they are really small. You can do this to a peice of rock/substarte, whatever you wish to call it even if it is really, really small. The glue will not hurt the ric if it gets on it a little. I place a good size dollop of glue on it, dunk it in the tank water, set it against a wet object so the glue spreads and flattens on the bottom and place the ric somewhere for about an hour or so untill the glue has hardened and do it again if I want it larger. The ric will use this as an anchor point and you can then glue the hardened glue to your LR.
But without the ric attatched to anything whatsoever, then you will have to place it in a bowel or strawberry basket, something the ric can't wonder out of, that has small peices of rock or frag plugs in the bottom for it to attatch to. Glue will not stick to the ric. Its slime will prevent it.

ineedfrags

Never thought about a strawberry basket.. That's a good idea, not very pretty for the tank.. What if the ric attaches itself to the basket and not the rock? lol

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2712349
If you are fragging them by cutting then you should make sure there is a piece of rock no matter how small attatched to the parts that are being separated. You can cut the rock with snips/bone cutters from the bottom so that a peices are on each side you are fragging.
I take superglue gel and build on the rock peices if they are really small. You can do this to a peice of rock/substarte, whatever you wish to call it even if it is really, really small. The glue will not hurt the ric if it gets on it a little. I place a good size dollop of glue on it, dunk it in the tank water, set it against a wet object so the glue spreads and flattens on the bottom and place the ric somewhere for about an hour or so untill the glue has hardened and do it again if I want it larger. The ric will use this as an anchor point and you can then glue the hardened glue to your LR.
But without the ric attatched to anything whatsoever, then you will have to place it in a bowel or strawberry basket, something the ric can't wonder out of, that has small peices of rock or frag plugs in the bottom for it to attatch to. Glue will not stick to the ric. Its slime will prevent it.
That is what I did with my rics, they were attached to small pieces of lr gravel, I glued that to the larger rock where I wanted the ric.