Rio 800 pumps

sergeant

:mad:
Be aware of the RIO 800 pumps. It is the second time I lose lifestock due to this Rio pumps burning up and leaking poisonus oils or black chemical into the water. Resulting in the loss of my yellow tang, yellow tail damsel, all the ricordias and a lettuce coral.

promisetbg

Why would you use the same pump twice? Rios are notorious for this problem. Get a mag drive for internal use. Sorry for your loss.

goonter

I have a Rio 1400.... are they know to do the same thing? I have had it for a year now... should I get rid of it?

saltn00b

I have a bunch of Rio's for over 2 years now, and now problems yet. I have heard that people have had problems in the past, but this is the first actual story i have read of it. pretty scary, sorry for your loss. I will soon be replacing all of my powerheads with a CLS that is already half installed, which leave me only with a 3100 running my skimmer....

jmick

if you properly maintain and service your pump you will be less likely to have failures. Have had the same rio 3100 running for the last 2 years and have found it to be very dependable.

ratrod

I've had this happen as well, you've got every reason to be mad. Ive got a whole box of burned up rio's I should make a neckless out of them and wear it into the factory someday. Mag drives are the only way to go, and maxi's for constant on/off situations. I wish the max's came in a larger size than the 1200's

triga22

Ive tested my rio.. Not on my tank yet.. To start it I have to manually spin the wheel thing.. Anyone know y>?

saltn00b

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Ive testes my rio..
hmm im not quite sure that is family safe, did you at least get the Rio's permission?

triga22

lol Right about now im pissed off with my tank.. So I dont care that it doesnt work correctly im not usin it right now.

saltn00b

im just messing with ya man, if you want to share some of those vicodins or whatever you are on i may have some leathers to trade.... lol