RIO Alternitives

ilove2ride

My LFS sold me a Rio, & they said its the only powerhead they sold without being a lot of money. So, what else do all of you use? :D And where can I get it?

buzz

Maxijet is a good powerhead from what I understand. I currently use Rio, but I hear they are not the best.
There are certain places in So Cal that have some good specials...

danrw84

you can get penguins at *****
i use a hagen 402. works great and is quiet.
802 for my refugium return pump

j21kickster

Originally posted by danrw84
you can get penguins at *****

Dont quote me on this but i think you might have to go through laws an regulations to obatin one- and if you did want one- ***** is the last placeid look;)

nacl-h2o

I've had good luck with Maxijets, Zoo Meds(except powersweeps) and AquaClears for power heads and MAGs and AuquaClears for retun pumps.

saltyrich

Maxi-jets are the boss IMO. They work great with wavemakers also. They don't suffer on the constant start ups like others do. Top notch.

buzz

A few different LFS' actually. I am about 5 minutes away from Fish Cove in La Canada, so I go there a lot. Then there is Pasadena Tropical Fish in...yep...Pasadena, Scales and Tails (mainly for LR) in Burbank, and once in a while I'll drive down to Jeff's Exotic Fish in Gardena.

buzz

I had a friend pick me up some salt from there before. Haven't tried them myself. But they do have a good reputation.