rip off or not?

clown123

my lfs has a pair of pink skunk clowns for 89.99 and gsm range from 109.99 to 129.99 i was likw WOW thos maroons are high or are they good priced?

fishfinder

I would say they are priced good. Considering they have their overhead costs and such. Just look on the internet, you'll see the price isn't bad for a pair of clowns. Was the gsm maroon a pair? If it is a pair then its a decent price (which I'm assuming), if they are priced like that individually then that is a horrible price.

kdfrosty

I'd say that's a bit high, but no too bad for an LFS. look around online, you'll definitely find them cheaper. Then again, you don't get to see actual specimens online...usually.

mr_bill

Originally Posted by clown123
my lfs has a pair of pink skunk clowns for 89.99 and gsm range from 109.99 to 129.99 i was likw WOW thos maroons are high or are they good priced?
I bought my pair of GSMs for 36.99, I don't believe my LFS to be particularly cheap. When I say pair I mean mated pair, they do not separate from each other any longer than 10 seconds.

mr_bill

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
That's a smokin' deal, Mr. Bill.
I was thinking that they must be "THOSE" GSM clowns you always hear about, but surprisingly enough they live very happy with a Royal Gramma, Scooter blenny, orangespot blenny, and clown goby. The only aggression I see from them is towards their anemone, the poor thing has mangled tips to its tentacles.

fishfinder

Mr_Bill, that is an incredible price you got on those "Paired-GSM clowns." If you were to order two Large-sized gsm clowns online that were not paired, you would pay more than the 36.99 you paid for a pair of clowns. You got a killer deal.

joker_ca

i say rip pff, but your on the east coast....i have noticed you guys pay more for fish over their than people on the west coast so that just might have something to do with it

clown123

yea they are male and female and this place is expensive on a daily basis the places name is country critters idk if any of u have heard of it?

bseth90

I would also say rip off. My lfs was selling a mated pair for $52.99 last week. I only wanted a single so I paid $25.99. A little on the small/med range though.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by clown123
yea they are male and female and this place is expensive on a daily basis the places name is country critters idk if any of u have heard of it?
Country Critters is the most expensive LFS I"ve ever been in. They do tend to get some really exotic fish and have a great set up, but they are WAYYY expensive. I got all my fish there when I first started out because a buddy of mine used to work there. Even with his discount, the other local stores are cheaper now that I know what I am looking for.