Risc - Could you get this?

swtanks

A buddy of mine just got a great deal on a used 450 gallon (

[hr]
). Would you be able to get a gray smoothound? I talked him out of the leopard due to eventual size but the gray should do OK. Any way of getting a hold of one now or would it have to be after the season starts this Spring?
Let me know if you can get one and I'll pass it off to him to work out the details with you. Thanks.

risc

Grey's don't even start till summer time. But I can see what I can find during the spring. You won't find anything this time of year unless someone has had one around a long time. I don't see them until mid-June... but then again I don't look for them that often. They aren't the most attractive looking shark. Meant to be mostly viewed from the top down. So they aren't sold that much. But they are usually inexpensive.
Jim

swtanks

I don't find them too attractive either but they fit the shark "look" which is what he wanted. Doesn't like my shark. Told me it doen't look enough like a shark.
Who knows. He probably won't have enough patience to wait until Summer anyway. I'll try and get him to register here so I don't have to be the middleman.
Thanks for the info.

risc

Either way they will outgrow his tank and require a chiller. So it's best that he avoid them. Maybe tell him to get a japanese wobbegong or something. They pretty bad ass little sharks. They don't look like jaws... but they are probably just as scary once they are about three feet long. The only other shark I can recommend for that application is maybe a Galapagos Horn shark. But they lie around most of the day also. 450 is just too small for the stereotypical shark *shark*. If you know what I mean.
Jim

swtanks

I tried explaining that as well. Have you ever heard the expression "it's like talking to a wall". Well that is exactly how I felt. I like my shark even though it doesn't look like "Jaws" and it would be perfect in a 450.
Some people have all the luck. The tank, stand, and canopy was less than what I paid for a 300 gallon tank by itself.