RO and RO DI water???

nikefutbol

I've called my local shaws, walmart, big y, and a couple LFS no one sells RO DI water!!!!!!!
Is there any other place I could look to find this?!? One LFS said they sell didnt sell RO but "3-stage water" what is this? They were last on my list so I didnt bother asking since I was so fed up already please help!

the_bandit

Walmart sells distilled water which is good. LFS sell premixed saltwater. Im not sure if they sell RO/DI water.
You could always just invest in a RO/DI unit. Run about $100 but its worth it in the long run.

scsinet

Distilled water has been evaporated and condensed, leaving behind anything and everything that will not evaporate with the water. Most things stay behind, but not all.
RODI water has been put through the RO process which makes pure water, then passed through the DeIonizing process which removes almost everything else. Water processed with DI is unsuitable for drinking, which is why you can't find anyone who sells it. RO water you may well find.
I strongly urge anyone buying water to just invest in an RODI unit. You can get them for very respectable prices, in fact $150 is the most anyone should have to pay. Once set up, you'll never go back to driving around and lugging jugs... just make it on site, as much as you need or as little as you need. I have reef tanks in two locations, one at home and one in my office at work, and I have a RO/DI system installed in both locations. I don't even bother carting it from home to work (which is a 10 minute drive), that's how "worth it" they are.

nikefutbol

my LFS has 3-staged water pre-miz with salt for 1 buck a gallon since i only need 10 gallons i think im going to do this today but im going to look into RO DI units thanks for your help!