RO/DI Help

tlok

I recently purchased and hooked up a maxima Hi-S 35 gpd unit. My problem is, it recommends a water pressure of 65,and I can only get the pressure up to about 45-50. This causes there to be about 10 times the amount of waste water to RO water. I'm running water from a well. Anyone know a solution or how to get the pressure up??

phil1964

Can't answer your question but I am looking at getting one.
How big are they? Will they fit under a bathroom sink?
What do you collect the water in?

broomer5

Tlok
Kent Marine offers an auxillary electric pressure pump, but they are only recommended on the 50 gpd and up units.
I would contact Kent Marine directly - and see if they may be able to offer you a solution.
My only other suggestion would be to get a new pressure pump and tank for your well, although that can get very costly.

tlok

PHIL1964;
The unit has three cannisters and it measures, i would guess about 18in across and 13in high. It may fit under a sink, but it might be somewhat of a pain to get too or work on.
I was going to collect my water in a large plastic garbage can with waste water into a bucket, but as of yet i haven't been able to solve the pressure problem so no water yet....
Thanks broomer, if i can't figure it out, i'll go that route.