RO/DI Needed or Just Overkill?

I recently had my water tested for TDS and straight out the tap my city water read 046ppm and my RO water read 016ppm. Two part question first how many of you would use this water straight out of the tap just the way it is? Second shouldn't I get 000ppm after going through the filter? I bought this RO filter used should I just invest in a new RO/DI? Please help me out with these questions.
Thanks

mr_x

you probably need new filters. i replace mine when it reads over 10.
that's some good water you have! mine gives me 255ppm out of the tap. it's hard to say if your water is ok to use. what makes up the 46ppm? is it chlorine? copper?

pete159

you most likely do not need a new RO/Di , but.16 is to high, it should be 0.00. Buy new filters for all stages of it and it will be fine. you can go to your city water department and ask them whats in your water. An ro/di is never overkill.

lion_crazz

Yeah, it does sound like all you need is new cartridges. I would continue using the RO even with the 46 coming out of the tap.

geridoc

16 just means that your tank will become lethally filled with pollutants a little slower, but it will eventually accumulate undesirable stuff. Get new cartridges.

alh

I envy your water. My water's TDS is about 600. And that's after it comes out of the water softener.

Thats what tempted me to stop using my RO/DI filter. LOL... It felt like I didn't need to. However, not knowing what particles are in it are a concern. Maybe copper???? I'll just replace the cartridges and continue with the RO/DI filter.

culp

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2841215
you probably need new filters. i replace mine when it reads over 10.
that's some good water you have! mine gives me 255ppm out of the tap. it's hard to say if your water is ok to use. what makes up the 46ppm? is it chlorine? copper?
my tap water is even worse than yours. mine is normally around 275 ppm.

keebler

300 is the average for tap water, so you are lucky to have such a small tds and your filters should last long and prosper.