ro/di price

stevil

I paid 135 for a 6 stage w/ extra set of filter replacements & shipping from the big auction site. Its supposed to do 125 gallons per day (5 gal per hour) and it has a 4 gallon storage tank - however, I'm not convinced yet that it can do that much output. I've had it sitting for at least 2 hours and hasn't filled a 6 gallon carboy...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Around $180 for a six stage is a fair price and a good system. I use AirWaterIce manufacture and could not be happier.

fedukeford

sry but i have a couple more questions would it be cheper to buy the machine or just buy the water from my grocery store?

pbienkiewi

Depends on how long you want to be in the hobby for. My 55gal tank evaporates 1 gal a day + 5gal weekly changes.
It would cost me..:
Total 12 gal of watera week at 59 cents = $7.08 a week
$7.08 times 4 weeks $28.32 a month
Or $368.16 a year
My Ro unit makes 200gal a day and cost me $378

chipmaker

I give $117 for the last one i just bought, a 6 stage, supposed to make 100 gpd, and it may not be that capacity but its relatively fast...For me to buy RODI water its a 120 mile roundtrip to town, and the LFS that sells it is only open Tues thru Sat from 12 to 7 so it screws up a whole day, and considering my vehicle is not an economy model I will burn more gas and wear and tear on the vehicle than what the water costs........I have two RO/DI units now, and I have to think with gas saved and time its already paid for itself and the 2nd should not be all that far off in paying for it self either.