RO/DI Purchase Questions

cjqsmom

I am ready to purchase a RO/DI system and I am not sure what the best one is.
Currentally I am running 2 tanks a 100 gallon reef with 30ish sump and a 90 fowlr with 20ish sump. We are looking at getting a 20 gallon QT to run with the reef when its not used as a QT, knowing that at times we will have to drain it should we need to add medications if needed.
What size should I get and brand.
I was looking at the SpectraPure MaxCap RO/DI System, 180gpd w/ Pressure Gauge & Purity Monitor for $430
OR THE 90 gpd for 370
On the above two I was looking for replacement filters and only found 3 packs not 4 is that a problem?
or the SpectraPure CSP-DI 180 GPD RO/DI System for $400.
Does anyone have any experience with these or should I find a different one.
Any comments or concerns would be appricated.

spiderwoman

I highly recommend The Typhoon III Extreme 150gpd system. I'm currently using it for ~200g total water volume system and ~100g total water volume system and really love it.

cjqsmom

that looks like a good system just need to find a place other then **** to buy it and its cheaper too.

How about getting replacement filters for it?

cjqsmom

My bad I guess I am not quite awake yet. When to the manf. website and just didnt see the add to cart button.

spiderwoman

I purchased the replacement filters at the same time as the unit and so far the TDS is giving a reading of 0 after 6 months of usage. I'm wanting to get into a routine of changing them at 6 months.

cjqsmom

Looks to me that they have a lot of good reviews and I haven't found any negative. I will buy the replacement filters at the same time plus as a added bonus they have good prices on what looks to be no-name MH bulbs for $35
How many replacements should I buy? 1 set with the DI and 1 set of the 3 pack?

spiderwoman

I got the 1 set of the DI and then the 3 pack. You should be fine with one set and as soon as you switch the filters, order a new set.
You won't be disappointed with that unit.

cjqsmom

I think the typhoon extreme looks like a better deal then the filter guys since its already one unit instead of having to add things on and such.
Any idea how much water it wastes?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by cjqsmom
http:///forum/post/2690364
I think the typhoon extreme looks like a better deal then the filter guys since its already one unit instead of having to add things on and such.
Any idea how much water it wastes?
3/4 of your water is waste water. Typically.