RO/DI Question

jaimal

I just got my Kent Maxxima and I am set it up. I realize with 60 gal per day it is gonna just be a trickle coming out of the good hose but it seems to be a waste of water out of the bad water exhaust hose. You must pump through a hundred gallons of water to get one friggin gallon. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is. Should i slow down the flow through my faucet tremendously or what?? i am a newbie with this RODI unit. Thanks for the help

spudaddy

Sounds like your doing everything right! I just got a Kent Maxxima RO/DI Hi-S that produces 35 gpd. It takes about 5 gallons of waste water or so per gallon produced. My orange line stays flowing! My blue line trickles but is pumping out the RO H20. The unit is not powered so the water pressure itself is what is working the unit. The membrane on top is what is so slow to push the water through. This is just the way it works! Keep water pressure at full - turn the faucet on full! I have it setup at out ice cream store since there is no water bill. I pay for water at home so I don't use it there!
This is my first response! Yeah! ;)

I'm going to purchase a R/O D/I unit. You mind telling me how much you payed because the one I had my eye on I'm not sure of the name but it pumps 60gpd also, its price is $269.00. What you think?

skimmedout

I just bought a 60gpd Spectrapure RO/DI system for less than $190 w/o shipping. I've been told Spectrapure is better b/c they make their own systems unlike Kent Marine, but I bought it b/c of the price and it seems to work well so far.

q

The tap water purifier does next to nothing. You can get RO water form various stores.
RO is used to filter out heavy metals, prosphates, and silicates to name a few. Most people use it to wipe out the food source for algea.