RO/DI Question

lanceafer

I know I need to buy an RO/DI unit but my head is spinning with all the choices. Is there one you guys might recommend? It will be a 55-65 gallon tank. I have a Water softener that will be filtering the water prior to the Ro unit. Last thing I was thinking I would try to keep it to $200. If you guys have any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time.

chuckcac

hey lanceafer - i have a friend named lance that goes by 'lanceafer' you wouldn't happen to be the same lanceafer that goes to "cooperstown" every summer, would you?
For RO/DI - i posted this thread a while back and got some great responses...
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/244021/ro-di-price-difference
the popular choices under that price range were;
the Coralife
the water general
the typhoon by airwaterice

also, the kent seems to be the 'top of the line' and falls within that price range as well

lanceafer

Thanks for the link I think I might go for the Typhoon 5-stage unit from

[hr]
. Also I haven’t been to Cooperstown in about 8-9 years. I am from Central NY though. Just out of curiosity how did he come about with the name Lanceafer. I got mine because a friend said I’m so lucky I must have sold my soul to the devil.

chuckcac

not sure where he got his nick name... actually "cooperstown' is also the nick name for our annual camping trip (it no longer takes place IN cooperstown - bu that was the location of the first 2 years) its actually in Highland,NY - a group of 18 or so friends of mine go every year, same weekend in july... for about 16 yrs
Yeah, i'm up-in-the-air between the Typhoon and the Coralife... the typhoon seems to be more bang for the buck (5 stage vs. 4 stage)

chipmaker

Water general RD-102 rodi off that

[hr]
site or call in direct to

[hr]
. $122 delivered. 5 stages ready to go.made in the USA and your choice of membranes at no additional charge. No I am not affiliated with them just a happy camper with the 2 units I have purchased from them already.