RO DI questions

bicolorgod

hello, i plan on purchasing a reefpure 100gpd ro di system and have some general questions on ro do units. when you hook them to the faucet, how much do you have to turn the handle on the faucet? max? and it will come out one end clean and another dirty water? i dont have to leave it on all day because 100gpd is a lot if only doing it for water changes right? thanks!

dshurett

I have the unit you are asking about. I am VERY happy with the quality of the unit. To answer the second question first. You only have to turn it on when you need it. Two things you must know about RO/DI units is
1. They waste alot of water
2. A good deal of water pressure is required for them to function properly atleast 40psi.
My kitchen/bathroom(s) faucets do not have nearly enough water pressure to make the unit function. I thought I could get away with using an external faucet to get the pressure I needed, but that was also too little pressure. BTW, the guys at Reefpure were great in helping me sort all this out. In the end, I had them send me a saddle valve that allowed me to tap into the water line running into my house, before it got to the pressure regulator (which I also tweaked, but did not provide the desired results).
Good luck.
[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: dshurett ]