RO/DI Selection

H

hlp

I need a litle help. Looking around I saw this unit praised AQUA100GPD 2006A REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTER. I am considering buying an RO/DI. Give me some help!

H

hlp

Should I buy this unit or is there something I am missing? Are there better units?

aarmatting

I'm interested myself.... Is there somthing you can make that does the same thing as RO... there has to be somthing out there that you can build instead of spending $100-$300 on a RO setup

crash519

I've got the same unit with the tank. I replumbed mine so the sink faucet is only getting RO water since drinking DI tastes terrible. The DI unit is only used for the aquarium and for filling my boat batteries.
I like the performance of the unit. I have TDS reading of 7-9 after the RO membrane and 0 after the DI. You can't get any better than that.
I'd get the tank, since it provides a good 3 gallons quick if you need it.

H

hlp

Did you buy the TDS meter they recommend? How much are the replacement filters etc.?

norcalreef

The filter life depends on the amount of TDS that they filter out, the higher TDS you have lowers the filter life and visa versa.
I bought mine off of E**Y and got it at a real cheap price, but you have to play the auction game.