RO/DI System

jpc763

Originally Posted by Sly
I got a Whirlpool RO system from Lowe's. They come with a holding tank which means that you always have water on demand. They work just as good a RO units designed for aquariums and the best part is that you can just drive to Lowe's whenever you need replacement filter cartriges. They mount under the sink and so it makes good drinking water also.
So the Whirlpool unit looks great. It is only a RO unit however. Is the DI part required?

mchabot

I ended up getting the Typhoon III from AirWaterIce. I also opted for the additional float valve so I don't have to babysit my water making. I called and talked with them and was pretty impressed with their knowledge of the product (and they were patient with my newbie questions). I'll try to remember to post again after some use to let everyone know how it worked out.
Matt

sly

Originally Posted by jpc763
So the Whirlpool unit looks great. It is only a RO unit however. Is the DI part required?
The whilrpool unit does not have a DI filter. It is not requred but it is better to have one than not. I am actually getting ready to add a DI filter to this system. It makes extremely high quality water and is a good deal.

coral head

Originally Posted by Sly
The whilrpool unit does not have a DI filter. It is not requred but it is better to have one than not. I am actually getting ready to add a DI filter to this system. It makes extremely high quality water and is a good deal.
Silly question . . . I know what the RO stands for. What about the DI?

Thanks in advance for a reply.
Coral Head

coral head

Originally Posted by sign guy
deionized
Thanks for the reply, Sign Guy. How important is deionized water when making water changes?

sign guy

Originally Posted by Coral Head
Thanks for the reply, Sign Guy. How important is deionized water when making water changes?
Imho very Im looking for the best odds when it comes to my tank and rodi water increses those oddss greatly here is a pic of my rodi just so you can see how much filtration I put in my water. pluss I like to show it off

sign guy

Originally Posted by larryndana
a dollar a gallon, ouch. stick it to ya, woo hoo.
Spectrapure,

make your own unit.
bigger better faster and cheaper

larryndana

Originally Posted by Sly
the best part is that you can just drive to Lowe's whenever you need replacement filter cartriges.
?? i'll order online and save the gas, lol. i bought my unit from my lfs, i'm sure it wouldn't take to long to get them in.
Originally Posted by Sly

They mount under the sink and so it makes good drinking water also.

larryndana

Originally Posted by sign guy
make your own unit.
bigger better faster and cheaper
I remember that thread, lol.
i'll stick with my spectra pure, well i've already got it now. lol
and i hear spectrapure filters are some of the best made.