ro/di unit

fishking

well one thing i no is my tap water SUX my tank is taken over by ugly hair algae and all those other ugly looking algae. i am assuming that the phosphate is high

bigmac

Originally posted by fishking
well one thing i no is my tap water SUX my tank is taken over by ugly hair algae and all those other ugly looking algae. i am assuming that the phosphate is high

:D I use RODI water and I still have all those fun algaes (3 month old tank tho) Its just part of the cycle for me. It was really bad a few weeks ago but its almost gone now.

T

tizzo

My local water looks like crap, tastes like crap, and sometimes smells like bleach!!! I got a water softener (thinking it was like a D/I unit) ok, it wasn't... but at the time I got it I didn't have a tank. Now, I DO have a RO unit. But in the city limits my brother uses tap water w/ no problems, (he has a fish only tank though).

fishman830

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Bob pulls the pin on the grenade & throws it at the enemy. The enemy picks up the pin and gazes quizzically at it.

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

bigmac

Originally posted by fishking
yea but mine has been up for 5 months

:D
a reef tank needs a good year to cycle though all the bad algaes. Some go faster, some slower....