RO/DI unit

moneylaw

I am tired of going to pure water store to buy water and thinking about setting up an RO/DI or just RO units. Could you guys give me suggestion on what brand to look at? Also should I get RO or RO/DI units? I am looking for something which is easy to set up. I have a 60 gallon tankwith 10 gallon refug. Thanks.

dawman

Coralife , Pinnacle , Maxxima , Kent , Captive Purity , Seachem ,and Spectrapure have some nice units .

moneylaw

Thanks Dawman, do you mind ranking them in term of cost/effectiveness combined? I already know about those brands, just don't know which ones are the better ones. Thanks again.

J

jrthomas40

i love mine made by airwaterice called the comapct reefkeeper 3

moneylaw

Thank you guys, I will look at typhoon and airwaterice.
Is DI really necessary? I am just afraid that it might be just waste of money. only 1% more purification doesn't really seem necessary.

thirty5

The DI is not the expensive part. For a few bucks i would just get it. Te expensive part is he actual waste water that this thing pumps out. I am running a 200gpd RO/DI unit. The waste water is ridiculous!!! But a necessary evil.

sk8shorty01

The best part about my apartment is that I dont have to pay water, man I bet my landlord hates getting my water bill. I just got a 100gpd RO/DI and its great.

pastor b.

When it comes to RO/DI units , you can't go wrong . However, they can be quite expensive . But they're worth every dollar,and your fish will appreciate it . Try looking on ----. There are many factories which sell them for as low as $65 . It depends on how much that your willing to spend . I just bought an RO/DI unit for $100 . which does 110gpd ( 110 gallons per day) , and it takes some time to get a lot of water , but I start early .

mikesin

I'm certainly NO expert on RO/DI systems. If I remember correctly the DI filter of the unit catches what slips by the cartridge and I believe one of the molecules it catches is Ammonia which is produced from breaking down chloramine. So U might want to check into the DI if you have city water that used chloramine.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by nietzsche
look into "the filter guys" great service and great products
I second the filter guys, They have a good inexpensive product and are nice guys. And their stuff isn't junk.
The di unit kind captures other impurities in the water that the membrane and the carbon does not catch. such as ammonia.

pastor b.

Yellow Tang , I have purchased an RO/DI unit from that distributor beginning with an E . And my unit works great. It even comes with a year warranty . So, give it a try .

moneylaw

Thanks everyone for their replies. So far I got recommendations for filter guys and typhone. I don't know who is the distributor begin with E. if you don't mind, you can email me at mannylaw@gmail.com to tell me that particular distributor. Thanks again. You guys have been very helpful.

nietzsche

Originally Posted by moneylaw
Thanks everyone for their replies. So far I got recommendations for filter guys and typhone. I don't know who is the distributor begin with E. if you don't mind, you can email me at mannylaw@gmail.com to tell me that particular distributor. Thanks again. You guys have been very helpful.
definitely try the filter guys. just google "the filter guys" and send them and email, maybe if you have any questions on understanding them or getting the best one for your tank. but i would go with the 75GPD unit "ocean reef + 1" well worth it. i love that ro/di unit

ifirefight

Originally Posted by moneyla I don't know who is the distributor begin with E. if you don't mind, you can email me at [email
mannylaw@gmail.com[/email]
I think he meant ----.