RO/DI unit

gc1962

What is a good brand RO/DI unit? I am in the market for one and never had one. How much water can be filtered through them before they need refills. Thanks George.

J

jrthomas40

i like air water ice...google the site...i have the 75gpd compact reefkeeper with the free tds meter...as for the filters it will depend on the water quality going in then frequency of use but usually they say replace the filters every 6 months to a year depending on those factors...the filters for the reefkeeper are like 40 bucks and the ro membrane is maybe 60 something..i would have to look it up again to be sure...but excellent product

t316

I just ordered mine today...should be here in 2-3 days. I asked on here as welll, and did some research, and chose the Oceanreef +1 five stage 75gpd for $199.00. Don't think I'm allowed to mention the site, but google it.

patandlace

I have the same unit as JRThomas. I like it as well. The filters life is different for each one. According to airwaterice the sediment filter needs to be changed when overall production slows. The carbon filter will last for 1 year if you produce 10 gallons of water a day. The DI should be replaced when the TDS level climbs or produces an odor. And the membrane should last 3 to 5 years.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by T316
I just ordered mine today...should be here in 2-3 days. I asked on here as welll, and did some research, and chose the Oceanreef +1 five stage 75gpd for $199.00. Don't think I'm allowed to mention the site, but google it.

is this the one by thefilterguyz??

t316

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
is this the one by thefilterguyz??
yes...just didn't know if I could say it.

mchabot

I also have the air water ice model discussed above. A big selling point for me was the customer service. They are very responsive to all questions.

maeistero

i've had a typhoon III for a few years now and i don't think there's any better for the size. filters and parts are easily found anywhere.