RO/DI Units

kiharaconn

I found online a Mako 5 stage unit that sells for 50gpd $239.89, 100gpd $268.89 or 200 gpd $299.89. My questions are: has anyone had any experience with a Mako RO unit and what does the gpd stand for? I have a 75 gal tank and plan on doing 10% water changes every 2 weeks, so will I be able to get by with the smaller one. These come with an adapter to hook it to the kitchen sink so you don't have to worry with perm. installation. They also have a Barracuda 4 stage unit that sells for 50 gpd $208.89 and 100gpd $228.89. Any advise would be appreciated.

jedi

GPD= gallons per day.
Never heard of that make, but at a "popular auction site" you can find RO/DI much cheaper than that.
Jedi

jjlittle

I bought a Kent Ro/di from ***********.com for 169.00 works awesome it does 39 gpd and I have 150 gal tank and have no problem keeping up on the water. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

who dey

don't know how big your tank is. i bought a seachem pinnacle 35gpd from swf.com for $189 and it works fantastic. my water couldn't be anymore perfect

kiharaconn

Thanks for the answers. I was just on the verge of ordering. So now I have some more looking to do. Thanks much.