RO/DI Units

it's_fishy

Ok, so I know the benefits of RO/DI and all...I buy it by the gallon at wallyworld for my tanks. My question is this...I'd like to purchase an RO/DI unit so I can make my own, but how do you hook it up? Do you need a dedicated water line for your tank or can you just install it under a sink? I have no clue where it would go or how it would hook up. Any help?

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by it's_fishy
Ok, so I know the benefits of RO/DI and all...I buy it by the gallon at wallyworld for my tanks. My question is this...I'd like to purchase an RO/DI unit so I can make my own, but how do you hook it up? Do you need a dedicated water line for your tank or can you just install it under a sink? I have no clue where it would go or how it would hook up. Any help?
Just get your own and hook it up when you need it, you might need a sink adapter, you can get one at any harware store. Nice ones here at a good price www dot airwaterice dot com

reefkprz

it cvn be permanent if you want to plumb it in, or like I do when you want to make water you hook it to the sink make as much water as you need then put it away.

E

essop3

They are easy to setup permanant. They usually include a saddle valve that taps into your water supply to the sink and another that goes into your drain. It hides nice and neat under your sink and is ready whenever you need it.

sly

Go to Lowe's and check out their Whirlpool RO unit... the one that fits under the sink. They are about $150 and work as good as anything I've seen. Plus you can easily buy replacement filters whenever you need them without having to go online... They plumb into your system permanently. Also the RO water makes GREAT coffee...

E

essop3

Check auction sites. Less than $125 for a 6 stage ro/di. Most all use the same filters.

mie

Or you can do what i am doing i am going to plum either into my kitchen sink or laundry room cold water and run my line under the house to the garage to the ro unti and then mix up my water into a rubermaid garbage can

reefkprz

Originally Posted by it's_fishy
ummm ok..why does it say yellow tang under my name?
because you havent edited the caption in the user CP