RO/DI water pressure

craig110768

I just bought a RO/DI filter. I'm producing 8g of bad water to get 1 gallon of good water. I know that is due to the water pressure.
Could someone please enlight me on a few things.
What kind of booster pump do I need?
Will that depend on the the RO inlet pipe which is 1/8" in size. Could someone recommend one.
Its a 100gpd 5 stage RO/DI.
Where should the booster pump be located. Could I just cut the 1/8" RO line and link it up to the booster pump, or do I need a larger input into the booster pump, than the output from it?
some answers to these questions would help a lot.
Thanks

If your unit is anything like mine, it will have a restriction tube inside of the waste line. Your instructions should say how this can be adjusted (usually by pulling it out and making it shorter, and putting it back in). This should alleviate the problem so you don't have so much waste.
The instructions on my RO/DI says to do this if there is too much waste. It says to adjust it till you get a 1:4 ratio for best results.

craig110768

My RO/DI is from a company called ImproveIt!. I got it on ---- last week. There is no setting on the waste line to adjust.
I have tried emailing Inproveit but they have responded to any of my questions.
Craig

craig110768

I do have an water dispensing value/connector. The instructions said to connect it to the good water line, to restrict the amount of water coming out of the unit, so that it is equal to the amount of good water from the actual RO membrane, thus keeping the last stage - the DI Stage completely full of water. If RO membrane is producing the same amount as the dispensing value is letting though, then the last stage (DI) will be full of water at all times, which is what you want.
However, having said that. I did try what you suggested and moved that connector to my waste line, and it has help a lot. I'm now hitting about a 3-1 ratio. Hope thats not bad for the unit though, as the instructions don't say anything about doing that. They just mention that it needs atleast 40psi, and if not get a 125 booster pump.
Has anyone got any comments, or have tried restricting the waste line. Seems to work!
Craig