RO/DI, Who has experience?

oldest salt

I'm about to replace an old RO unit with a new RO/DI 60 gal/day unit. My thinking is SpectraPure. What's yours?

fishforme

I use a BarBones 60Gal/day. Acually, I get about 1.95gal/hr and the water is crystal clear. Never really tested it though.

jtoliver

Hey, I just noticed you were from madison, If you are ever down in lake geneva, you need to go to kens, They have great livestock and the best prices i've ever seen. No, I don't work there.

wallda

Hey Old Salt, what lfs do you frequent? I am a student in Platteville Wis. so naturally we hit madison quite often!!!

oldest salt

Hi jtoliver & wallda
jt, I'm familiar with Ken,s. When I was the ClarityPlus distributor for WI (1987 - 1997)Ken was a customer of mine. Haven't been there for a long time.
Wallda, the lfs situation in Mad-town is in a sad state of affairs. The best one, Aquarius Pets, has been sold. The new owner has gone bankrupt and faces charges of animal neglect bigtime.
There is a relatively new store, Animal Adventures on the corner of Monona Dr. and the Beltline, that I know little about. However, it is owned by Mike the owner of Animal Crackers of Milwaukee, another former customer of mine. I would trust his reputation. However, you guys all know that you must know what the behavior of a healthy fish is before you buy it. So, no matter where you buy it, it's buyer beware.
A friend of mine works at the Aquarium Super Store on Gamon Rd. Across from Woodmans. Unfortunately their stocking is haphazard at best. You never know if they will have much of anything. Also, the manager has a habit I deplore, like pricing something according to his perception of your ability to pay. (Buyer beware) If you go there ask for "Mick", tell him the "Oldest Salt" sent you. He doesn't know me by that but, let's see if he can figure it out. ;)
Pet World on the beltline has such deplorable maintainence habits they ought not to be allowed to keep marinefish, in my opinion. When they lose fish to death, they'll tell you they were sold. (Buyer be extra aware)
Go to my profile and email me if you need further discussion.
Thanks, :cool:

oldest salt

Buy the way,
I wound up buying an Oceanus 4 stage RO/DI, 100gpd for $199. That's a super price. It should be here Wednesday. If you want to know more, e-mail me.

benihuma

Oldest Salt--What's your email, that's an incredible price for that performance. Is the quality comparable to Kent maxxima? My email is dub@uwm.edu.
jtoliver--Just wanted to let you know I'm from Lake Geneva also. I moved to Milwaukee for school.

tvan1

Originally posted by Oldest Salt:
<strong>Buy the way,
I wound up buying an Oceanus 4 stage RO/DI, 100gpd for $199. That's a super price. It should be here Wednesday. If you want to know more, e-mail me.</strong><hr></blockquote>
Oldest Salt, I am shopping for RO/DI and want to know how you like Oceanus 4 stage RO/DI after months of usage

tvan1

Hey Old Salt,
Please let us know how you like 4 Stage Oceanus RO/DI System 100GPD. Quality? Compatible with other brand filters? Fish/Coral happy? I heard all good things about Kent and Spectrapure but price is not as good as Oceanus if it has the same quality.
Timmy