ro , do I need a water softner

kennymohr

was thinking of buying a RO system online, but read somewhere, that I should have a water softner, in place for the RO to work properly? Is this so?

acrylic51

Did it give any reason why you should have a water softner? I've never had a water softner anywhere I've lived and my RO units have been fine

kennymohr

no it didnt give any reason, in read it somewhere, and then I thought about renting a RO system from the culligan man, and there agian they said that I would need a softner, the thing is, I live in an apt, above a flower shop, she pays the water, there is a softner but she put it on bypass, soft water is aparently bad for flowers. im trying to get some info, on how to approach her on the subject, too

milomlo

Do you guys use RO/DI or just RO. I have been buying water from the grocery store and it is RO only. So I am trying to decide if it is necessary for the DI portion of they system. I am looking to buy one later when I get my 120+ tank. Right now I only have 29 gallon so there is no need for it just yet. I know DI is suppose to remove more impurities, but have been using just RO with no problems.