RO filters

R

rresper

Hello,
I do not currently have an RO filter, but I thinking about buying one. How is important is it to have and RO filter on a 110 gallon tank? Will tap water kill my fish if I do water changes every two weeks?

reefnut

Most likely your tap will not kill your fish but having a RO unit is still important to the overall health of the system IMO.

reefnut

IMO= In My Opinion... opinions very on the subject. I see it like this... the more bad stuff I can keep out of the tank, the better off I am.

R

rresper

What company makes the best RO filter, and where should I buy it from for the best price?

gsd

Buy it from that big online auction site unless you like to pay more $$$$ and not get a product that works any better by goping and buying one from an online vendor or lfs locally....Shoud easily be able to get one for $120 or so bucks maybe even less including shipping.........

R

rresper

Ok this sounds great, I thought the one I needed was in 800.00 range. I guess not. There are some many different kinds out, what stage level will be safice for 110 gallon tank. If that makes since.

jesikarose

I just got a three stage ro/di on that same site he was talking about for about 100 plus shipping it does 100 gallons a day and i have a 75 gallon and 120 gallon plus my pets drink this water and i drink this water... it has other uses then just for tanks... LOL

R

rresper

What brand was the one you bought? Also thanks for the great info everyone.