RO questions

smpross

HI all,
This is my first post to the forum. I have a question about RO devices. Are these units that need to be hooked up all the time? Or do you just hook them up on the days that you need to make RO water? Can you leave it alone and just let it fill a Trash Can for your water changes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Scott

xtremenemo

Originally posted by smpross
HI all,
This is my first post to the forum. I have a question about RO devices. Are these units that need to be hooked up all the time? Or do you just hook them up on the days that you need to make RO water? Can you leave it alone and just let it fill a Trash Can for your water changes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Scott

you can but i would just do it a day before you do a water change. there is no need to have it running all the time.

squidd

First ...WELCOME to the board...:cheer:
RO and RO/DI "units" can be purchased to be set up permenantly or with adaptors to "plug and play" when you want to make water...
They need a water supply (duh) and a drain line for the waste water they produce, so many will set them up in a laundry room with "Y" connectors or an unused bathroom if available.
Mine is under the kitchen sink with a RO bypass for drinking water...my buddies is "plug and play" and he sets it up when he needs it running water into a large tub (garbage can) for storage between use.

jkvjl

Can you buy the water that grocery stores sell outside of them for like 35 cents a gallon? I don't want to use tap water anymore and I was going to try this. My last purchase was the Istand ocean pre-made water from ***** but I found that to be costly.

suver569

Check with you LFS. Mine sells 5 gallon, screw top containers for 8 bucks, and you can come in and fill them up for a buck fifty, no limit. Cant beat that IMO.